SAD UPDATE: “Lost in the Heat and Silence” 😢 Four-Year-Old Gus Lamont Still Missing After Weeks in South Australia’s Ruthless Outback — Search Teams Say the Land Itself Is Working Against Them The endless dry plains have revealed nothing. As crews push deeper into the scorched terrain, hope fades and fear rises — a brutal landscape holding tight to a little boy who hasn’t been seen in weeks… 👇👇

0
49

Police to carry out fresh searches for missing boy Gus Lamont at old mineshafts

A fresh search is being launched for missing four-year-old Gus Lamont, who disappeared from his family’s remote SA property almost two months ago.
Beginning from tomorrow, six mine shafts in the remote area where he was last seen will be searched, police say.
Officers said they didn’t know about the shafts before.

Missing four-year-old Gus
Missing four-year-old Gus. (South Australia Police)
Gus was reported as last seen playing on a mound of dirt about 5pm on Saturday, September 27 by his grandmother at the family’s Oak Park Station homestead, about 43km from the town of Yunta.
By 5.30pm, Gus – who has been described as shy but adventurous – had vanished and a full-scale ground and air search of the property and surrounding area was launched.
The new search will last for three days.

It will involve STAR Group officers and Task Force Horizon officers using specialised equipment to search six mine shafts in the area.
The uncovered, unfenced shafts are between 5.5km and 12km from the Oak Park homestead, in areas not searched on foot by police.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Linda Williams said the new searches were part of ongoing investigations.

Missing four-year-old Gus Lamont in SA
The new search will start tomorrow and will last for three days. (9News)
“We are determined to explore every avenue in an effort to locate Gus Lamont and provide some closure for his family,” she said.
“These searches will either locate evidence or eliminate these locations from further investigation by the Task Force.”
Last month police drained a large dam on the property and eliminated the possibility Gus may have drowned.
This followed extensive ground and air searches of the area surrounding the Oak Park Station homestead.

The ground search has now extended to 5.5km from the homestead.
This equates to 95sq/km searched on foot.
This area searched with the help of aircraft and mounted officers has been estimated at 470sqkm, with no sign of the child.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here